range of residential, commercial, and industrial applications where the heating cables
need to be exposed to free air, rather than being embedded in a medium.
Self-regulating technology allows each of these heating cables to adjust its wattage
(heat) output based on the temperature and environment to which the cable is
exposed. In cold conditions, it generates more wattage (heat). In warmer conditions, the
output is reduced and thereby saves energy.
This technology also helps make it one of the safest heating cables on the market, as
well as the industry standard for most roof and pipe tracing applications. If it encounters
a warm surface or is exposed to a warm ambient environment, the cable will
automatically adjust its wattage output and avoid overheating in any one location. They
can be cut, field-terminated, and crossed over themselves.
These cables are ideal for:
- Freeze protection pipe tracing
- Process maintenance pipe and vessel tracing
- Heat loss replacement
- Roof and gutter de-icing
- Frost heave prevention.
- In-pipe heat tracing of potable water lines
- Hot water temperature maintenance
Our Self-Regulating Heating Cables are available in bulk coils with termination
accessories. However, you can also choose from our standard catalogue of pre-
assembled SR cable kits that include a factory-made end seal and pre-made termination
point. These have a 6' cold lead, which can be hard-wired at 208/240V or directly
plugged into a 120V outlet.
- Pipe Tracing Installation Manual
- Heat Loss Replacement Cross Sectionals
- Frost Heave Prevention with Cable in Conduit Cross Sectional
- Roof and Gutter De-Icing Manuals – when completed
- SR Plug in Data Sheet
- SR Data Sheet – do we want to publish full range or just base range?
- SR Power Connection, tee and splicing kit, end seal kit manuals
- SR Cable Accessory Sheets – Tapes and Accessories
- Roof Clip and DSH Manuals