HEAT LOSS REPLACEMENT
TRM Heat Loss Replacement systems are used to heat a slab or flooring surface, using electric heating cables to compensate for heat losses beneath an exposed living space. Low temperature exposures below the living space can reduce the floor surface and room temperatures dramatically, making the space uncomfortable to live in.
These applications can be found in commercial and residential buildings, as well as detached homes:
- Building overhangs
- Concrete slab-on-grade installations
- Living areas above unheated locations such as mechanical rooms, stairwells or parking garages
A TRM Heat Loss Replacement system consists of:
- Heating cables
- Control systems and sensors
- Components and accessories
Depending on the site conditions, TRM heating cables can be:
- Embedded within the slab during the initial concrete installation
- Secured to the underside of the concrete slab, with insulation installed over the cables isolating an ambient zone beneath the slab
- Installed above the finished slab (in the case of interior floor heating cables), below the finished floor
We are confident that any of these approaches to heat loss replacement will ensure the occupied space above remains warm and comfortable.
Our qualified team at TRM can help you assess and design a heat loss replacement system, including controls and sensors, that will meet and exceed your expectations.