TRM offers a vast array of controller and thermostat solutions tailored to fit any electrical heat tracing system and electrical distribution set-up. We have partnered with multiple controller manufacturers to ensure we can provide an optimal control solution for your specific application.
- Floor Heating Thermostats
- Snow Melting Controls and Sensors
- Outdoor Thermostats
- GFI Ground Fault Protection Relays
Snow Melting Controls and Sensors
TRM works with various controller manufacturers to offer a wide variety of products suitable for controlling your snow melting or heat tracing system.
Our line of controls include:
- Stand-alone snow switches
- Controllers with manual inputs
- Remote snow sensors utilized to automatically turn on the heating cables when they detect precipitation and low enough ambient temperatures
Where the site requires a heating system capable of communication with a building automation system, TRM can provide controls that include a dry output contact for external communication. Some of our controllers come with a built-in relay/contactor and GFI protection, while other controls operate in a Pilot Duty capacity to switch external contacts.
We design our control solutions specifically for the application and heating cables they will be paired with, allowing the end user to choose an appropriate control system to suit the shape and size of their specific application and budget.
Outdoor Thermostats Controls
TRM can supply a complete portfolio of thermostat controls for the following applications:
- Heat loss replacement
- Slab heating
- Frost heave prevention
- Freeze protection on pipes
- Temperature-only snow melting requirements
- High-limit controls and ambient sensing thermostats
- Electronic heat trace systems, utilizing multiple sensors, communication contacts, ground fault, current sensing, and remote monitoring
TRM freeze protection and heat trace thermostats come in a wide range of options to suit each specific application. While our most basic units come with a temperature setting dial and a fixed sensor capillary, our more sophisticated control options can utilize multiple sensor inputs, have adjustable high and low-temperature limits, and include built-in relays and GFI protection, as well as remote monitoring capabilities.
GFI Ground Fault Protection Relays
Ground fault protection/interruption (GFI) is a code-required monitoring and protection system for electrical heat tracing circuits that relates to all electrical heat tracing applications. The TRM GFI Relay Unit is a cost-effective, single point GFI unit that can be utilized for most heat tracing applications to monitor a single circuit or multiple circuits simultaneously. It is also suitable for monitoring loads up to 1000 amps, or voltages up to 600V.
The GFI Relay Unit is comprised of a GFI relay, current transformer, indicator lights, and a local reset button to identify when a ground fault is detected in the circuit. Upon detection of a ground fault, the GFI Relay Unit will lock out the system until the issue has been safely isolated, decommissioned or repaired.
Please review our data sheet, trip level, and method of providing GFI protection. Consult your local electrical codes prior to utilizing these devices to determine if this is a suitable method of ground fault protection based on your local electrical code.
The TRM GFI Relay Unit is ideal for providing ground fault protection in the following applications:
- Snow melting
- Pipe tracing
- Heat loss replacement
- Industrial process temperatures
Custom Control and Distribution Panels
TRM’s onsite panel shop can custom-produce a wide array of heat trace controls, GFI, and monitoring panels—including complete assembly with all distribution items, contactors, overcurrent protection, and voltage monitoring relays. Our all-in-one panels reduce onsite labour and package the related heat trace electrical components into one panel.
For specific heat trace panel requirements, please contact us.
Floor Heating Thermostats
TRM interior floor-warming thermostats offer a range of features- from essential manual operation to programmable touch-screen devices with remote Wi-Fi interface capabilities. These controls come with integral GFCI protection and a 15’ floor sensor probe, and they are expandable if large coverage areas are required, using the TRM interior floor-warming relay.
Introducing the TRM-FH Gold, a technologically advanced floor heating thermostat offering seamless remote accessibility through the OJ Microline® WiFi LED touch interface.
- Enhanced floor or ambient temperature control for precise heating regulation.
- Integrated Class A GFCI for enhanced safety and protection.
- User-friendly backlit display for clear and convenient visibility.
- Includes a 15-foot floor sensor for accurate temperature monitoring.
- Second output capability for controlling auxiliary heating systems.
- Specially designed to safeguard engineered wood flooring.
- Backed by a comprehensive 3-year warranty for added peace of mind.
With secure data transmission via TLS 1.3 encryption and support for the robust WPA3 protocol, users can confidently manage their heating system from anywhere.
This thermostat allows for versatile connectivity, including direct Bluetooth® control and cloud access, while the intuitive installation wizard ensures effortless setup and customization of temperature settings and floor protection features, providing optimal control and efficiency for any heating setup.
The TRM-FH-Silver touch screen thermostat takes underfloor heating control to new levels. Its modern design and intuitive interface ensure seamless control of your floor heating system, find out what your feet have been missing.
- 3.5″ Touch Screen: A clear, colour touch screen offers effortless programming and control of your floor heating system.
- Intuitive Control: Seamlessly navigate functions for ultimate user-friendliness.
- Programmable: Customize your heating schedule to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
- Built-in Wizard: Guided setup ensures hassle-free installation and configuration.
- Energy Log: Keep tabs on power consumption with a comprehensive energy log.
Experience customizable control, seamless programming, and luxurious warmth with the TRM-FH-Silver thermostat.
The TRM-FH-Bronze non-programmable thermostat is an intuitive, manual floor heating control with a clean modern design, meticulously crafted for hassle-free installation. The thermostat takes care of your electric underfloor heating needs.
- Intuitive Manual Control
- Floor & Room Temperature Sensors
- Back-Lit Display
Additionally, you can benefit from a range of advances including integrated GFCI protection, power consumption tracking, precise floor or ambient temperature control, floor temperature protection, flexible temperature setpoints, a real-time clock, and the convenience of secondary relay control if needed.
With the TRM-FH-Bronze accessible energy log, you can keep track of energy usage spanning the last seven days. And since the thermostat is designed to accommodate tile, stone, laminate, concrete, and engineered wooden floors, you have the flexibility to choose between three distinct control modes:
- Ambient temperatures with floor protection (laminate or tile)
- Floor temperature with floor protection (laminate or tile)
- Ambient temperature without floor protection
Other floor heating thermostats models available. Contact our expert team for more information.
Did you know TRM also sells floor heating mats, membranes and cable?
Interior Floor Warming
Floor Heating Mats